Woonsocket loft on ApartmentTherapy.com

Some people waste time on celebrity gossip sites or Facebook. I waste my time on apartmenttherapy.com (see blogroll). Mostly I'm trolling for posts about home libraries (some girls plans their future weddings - I'm planning my library. And boyfrog bought me a real card catalog for Christmas!), but sometimes other things catch my eye. Today, it was a luxury loft on Main St., here in Woonsocket.
They gave away the exact location to any local, and the setting surprised me even more. I thought the over-priced, empty luxury condos and lofts were exclusively in the century+ old, gasoline-soaked mills where our grandparents (and great, and great-great grandparents) spent their lives making cloth and ammo. I also thought that the spaces above every store-front on main street were either empty, condemned, or undesireable. Maybe some are, but in this case... damn! (click picture for more)

No comments: